BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Williams College cross country teams swept the New England Division III Championship races on Saturday at Bowdoin College.
The Eph men totaled 24 points to run away with the crown over second-place Colby (93) while the Williams women scored 64 points to edge MIT (84).
Men's Meet Highlights
- Williams' Aidan Ryan won the 8k meet in a time of 24:51.6 as the Ephs posted six of the top nine finishers.
- The host Polar Bears had two All-New England performers, as Luca Ostertag-Hill earned a 26th-place finish (25:35.7) and Andrew Meredith ended in 35th spot (25:49.5).
Women's Meet Highlights
- MIT sophomore Izzi Gengaro won the women's 6k meet in a time of 21:19.1.
- Williams' balance carried the day, however, despite not having a finisher in the top five, the Ephs had five runners in the top 21 to take the win.
- Bowdoin had a pair of outstanding individual performances as Caroline Shipley finished seventh in 21:38.5, followed by Delany Bullock in 13th with a time of 21:55.8. Both earned All-New England recognition.
- The NCAA Championship field will be announced on Sunday at 3:00 p.m. at this site.