GORHAM, Maine - The Bowdoin College men's cross country team placed ninth while the women raced to 12th at the New England Division III Championship hosted at Gorham Country Club on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bear men were led by Ben Torda's seventh place individual finish while the women's team saw Sarah Kelley's 19th-place showing.
Men's Meet Highlights
- The Bowdoin men's team finished with 280 points, as MIT took the team title with 81. The Polar Bears' average time on the 8K course was 26:27 with a total time of 2:12.19 from their scoring finishers.
- Torda recorded Bowdoin's top individual finish at New England D-III's since Coby Horowitz took fourth at the 2013 championship, ending with a time of 25:40.0.
- Sean MacDonald was 24th for Bowdoin (26:00.6), Naphtali Moulton was 59th (26:26.8) and Connor Rockett was 85th (26:57.1) for the Polar Bears.
Women's Meet Highlights
- The women's squad collected 354 points to take 12th overall with MIT completing the sweep by winning with 58 points. The Polar Bears averaged 22:49 on the 6K track with a total time of 1:54.06.
- Sarah Kelley's 19th-place finish led the way in 21:45.9, followed closely by Caroline Shipley's 27th-place showing in 22:10.5.
- Julia O'Rourke took 71st (22:55.7) while Anne McKee finished 105th (23:24.5).
- Bowdoin will await to see if individual qualifiers are chosen for the Division III Championship scheduled for next Saturday in Elsah, Illinois at the Principia North Farm Course.