Posted: Nov 01, 2019
The Polar Bears won by set scores of 25-12, 25-21, 25-9 to take their 11th straight win and improve to 15-6 (7-2 NESCAC). The Mules fall to 9-18 (2-7 NESCAC).
- Bowdoin never trailed in the opening set, jumping to a 9-3 lead out of the gate. The Polar Bears extended the lead to double figures and walked off with the first set 25-12.
- The second set was easily the most competitive of the night, as the teams found themselves tied at 12 apiece midway through. An 8-2 Bowdoin surge, capped by a kill from Jaida Hodge-Adams pushed the Polar Bear lead to 22-15 before a 6-1 run by Colby closed the gap to just two points, 23-21, But a Colby attack error gave Bowdoin a 24-21 lead and the Polar Bears clinched it on a Gabby Koenig service ace to go up 2-0.
- The Polar Bears completely dominated the third set, taking a 13-2 lead at the midway point and holding Colby to just three kills in the set en route to a 25-9 win to close out the match.
By The Numbers
- The Polar Bears had a balanced attack that featured nine players with kills, led by nine apiece from Ashley Williams and Jaida Hodge-Adams.
- Caroline Flaharty had five kills, two aces and 12 digs for Bowdoin while Emily King posted a team-best 16 digs.
- Cori Gray had seven kills and five blocks while Kate Kiser paced the team with 25 assists.
- Nicole Petherbridge led Colby with seven kills on the night.
- The Polar Bears will close out the regular season on Saturday with Senior Day against Bates at 2:00 p.m.
- Colby will finish their season with a pair of matches at Tufts (noon) and Hunter (2:30 p.m.) on Saturday at Tufts.