BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin College volleyball team rolled to its seventh straight win in a 3-0 shutout of Endicott on Friday night at Morrell Gymnasium.
The Polar Bears improve to 11-6 while the Gulls fall to 14-7 on the season.
- The Polar Bears took the win in straight sets, claiming a 25-21, 25-17, 25-21 win.
- The first set saw the Polar Bears open a 20-15 lead only to see the Gulls storm back with a 5-0 run to tie the set at 20 apiece. Bowdoin closed the frame on a 5-1 run to take the win
- Bowdoin cruised to a second set win, taking a 10-2 lead out of the gate and, after Endicott closed the gap, used a 9-2 surge en route to a 25-17 win.
- In the third set, Bowdoin took control with a 7-0 run midway through the set and Endicott could get no closer than two points for the rest of the match as Ashley Williams finished it off with a set-clinching kill for the Polar Bears.
By The Numbers
- With 12 digs in the match, Caroline Flaharty surpassed 1,000 digs for her career and became just the third Polar Bear in program history (Gillian Page '10, Melissa Haskell '13) with 1,000 career kills and 1,000 career digs. She also had 11 kills in the victory.
- Ashley Williams also had ten kills while Emily King finished with 13 digs for Bowdoin.
- Ella Haugen dished out 20 assists to pace the Polar Bears, who got six blocks from Cori Gray.
- Bowdoin returns to action on Saturday afternoon at 1:00 p.m. when they host WPI.