MEDFORD, Mass. – The Bowdoin College volleyball team knocked off fifth-ranked Johnson & Wales on Saturday, giving the Polar Bears their first-ever win against a top-ten program in school history.
The Polar Bears (6-6) won two matches on Saturday at Tufts, defeating J&W 3-1 and downing Maine Maritime 3-1.
Johnson & Wales Highlights
- The Polar Bears won by set scores of 19-25, 25-20, 25-15, 26-24.
- Sophia Pahl led Bowdoin with 13 kills and 12 digs along with five service aces in the victory.
- Caroline Flaharty pitched in 10 kills and 17 digs while Ella Haugen dished out 25 assists.
- Kate Kiser had 17 assists, Emily King had 20 digs and Cori Gray notched five blocks to help propel Bowdoin to the win.
Maine Maritime Highlights
- Bowdoin took the win by scores of 25-16, 24-26, 25-11, 25-15.
- Flaharty paced Bowdoin with 16 kills while Adrienne Miller added ten.
- Haugen (27 assists) and Kiser (13 assists) paced the Bowdoin attack.
- King had 20 digs and Allyson Hawkins had ten for the Polar Bears.
- The Polar Bears will return to action on Friday, October 4 when they host Williams at 8:00 p.m.