MEDFORD, Mass. – The 24th-ranked Tufts University volleyball team took a 3-0 win over Bowdoin on Friday evening.
The Jumbos improve to 10-0 overall this year and remain a perfect 3-0 in NESCAC matches. Bowdoin falls to 4-6 overall this season with a 1-2 mark in conference contests
- The Jumbos carried the day by set scores of 25-21, 25-15, 25-14.
- The closest set was the opening one as Tufts opened a 10-2 advantage only to see Bowdoin storm back to tie the contest at 11 apiece.
- The Polar Bears were tied as late at 17-17, only to see Tufts roll off a decisive 6-1 run to take control.
By The Numbers
- Caroline Flaharty had 12 kills and six digs for Bowdoin while Kate Kiser (12 assists) and Ella Haugen (10 assists) split setter time for the Polar Bears.
- Emily King had 12 digs for Bowdoin.
- Cate Desler led Tufts with 12 kills.
- The Polar Bears will return to action on Saturday with a pair of matches, against fifth-ranked Johnson & Wales at 1:00 p.m. and Maine Maritime at 3:00 p.m.