NEW LONDON, Conn. – The Bowdoin College volleyball team returned to the win column with a convincing 3-0 win at Conn. College on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears improve to 4-5 overall (1-1 NESCAC) and win their first NESCAC match of the season. The Camels fall to 4-5 (0-2 NESCAC).
- Bowdoin dominated from start to finish in the 25-14, 25-17, 25-16 victory.
- After tight play in the opening set, Bowdoin used a 12-2 run to pull ahead from the Camels to take a 1-0 lead.
- In the second, Bowdoin scored the first five points and the Camels could get no closer than four the rest of the way as the Polar Bears took a 2-0 advatage.
- Bowdoin closed it out by cruising in the third set, opening up an early 7-3 lead and running away to take the sweep.
By The Numbers
- Caroline Flaharty posted ten kills and 11 digs for Bowdoin while Sophia Pahl had eight and eight.
- Ella Haugen dished out a team-best 17 assists while Kate Kiser had 14. Haugen also had four service aces.
- Emily King paced the Polar Bears with 19 digs in the victory.
- Bowdoin returns to action on Friday night, September 27, with a NESCAC match at Tufts at 7:00 p.m.