AMHERST, Mass. – The Bowdoin College women's volleyball team continued to roll, recording a perfect 3-0 record at the Hall of Fame Invitational this weekend in Massachusetts.
With the three victories, the Polar Bears improve to a program-best 22-1 this season. Bowdoin earned wins over Bridgewater State (3-0), Coast Guard (3-0) and Wellesley (3-2) in action this weekend. Caroline Flaharty was named to the All-Tournament team for her efforts in the victories.
Bridgewater State Highlights
- Bowdoin cruised against the Bears, winning by set scores of 25-7, 25-14, 25-17
- Sophia Pahl and Caroline Flaharty had nine kills each for Bowdoin while Pahl added three service aces.
- Defensively, Lisa Sheldon had 17 digs while Lexie Freund keyed the attack with 25 assists.
Coast Guard Highlights
- The Polar Bears earned their second win of the weekend by scores of 25-16, 25-13, 28-26.
- Flaharty totaled a match-high 12 kills and had nine digs.
- Cori Gray had nine kills and four blocks while Sydney Salle had eight kills and five blocks.
- Sheldon ended with 21 digs and Kate Kiser finished with 34 assists and eight digs for Bowdoin.
- In their toughest match of the weekend, Bowdoin took a 2-0 lead and then held off a late Wellesley rally in a 25-22, 25-16, 21-25, 19-25, 15-11 win.
- The Lyons took an early 4-1 lead but Bowdoin rallied with a 6-1 run to take a lead they would never relinquish. Caroline Flaharty had three late kills to clinch the victory.
- Ashley Williams led all players with 18 kills while Flaharty had 17 with 15 digs.
- Lisa Sheldon had 27 digs and Kate Kiser earned 42 assists and 12 digs.
- Cori Gray had seven blocks and three service aces.
- Bowdoin will host Wesleyan in the biggest match of the season on Friday evening with the winner claiming NESCAC Tournament hosting rights. Match time is set for 8:00 p.m. on September 26 in Morrell Gymnasium.