BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin College volleyball team remained unbeaten in NESCAC play with a 3-0 win over Trinity on Friday night in Morrell Gymnasium.
The Polar Bears stand at 15-1 (6-0 NESCAC) while the Bantams fall to 8-5 (1-4 NESCAC).
- The Polar Bears took the win with set scores of 25-19, 25-17, 25-14.
- The first set was the tightest of the night as the Bantams stayed within striking distance, trailing 20-18, late. Bowodin closed out the set on a 5-1 run, capped by a kill from Sydney Salle, to close it out.
- Bowdoin dominated the second set, jumping to a 20-6 lead en route to a 2-0 lead.
- The Polar Bears took a 15-5 lead out of the gate in the third to close out the victory.
By The Numbers
- A balanced attack saw Caroline Flaharty finish with 11 kills, eight digs and three aces for Bowdoin.
- Sydney Salle ended with nine kills and three blocks while Kate Kiser had 26 assists and Lisa Sheldon notched 17 digs.
- Trinity was led by ten kills from Colette SCheffers and 10 digs from Ali Odermann.
- Bowdoin hosts Amherst on Saturday at 1:00 p.m.
- Trinity heads to Tufts for a 1:00 p.m. match Saturday afternoon.