WATERVILLE, Maine - Ashley Williams had 11 kills and hit .474 on the night as Bowdoin College volleyball team opened NESCAC play with a 3-0 victory over Colby College on Friday night at Wadsworth Gymnasium.
The Polar Bears (7-0 overall, 1-0 NESCAC) have lost just one set in their first seven matches of the year. Colby falls to 2-4 (0-1 NESCAC).
- Bowdoin won by set scores of 25-18, 25-18, 25-16.
- In the opening set Bowdoin pulled away with eight of the final 12 points.
- The Polar Bears hit .452 in the second set and cruised to a 2-0 lead.
- Bowdoin was up 12-10 in the final set before closing on a 13-4 run to put the match away.
By The Numbers
- In addition to Williams' 11 kills, Sophia Pahl hit .500, did not make an attack error, and had seven kills for the Polar Bears.
- Kate Kiser finished with 35 assists, two kills, two service aces, and two blocks.
- Caroline Flaherty added eight kills and nine defensive digs, while Lisa Sheldon had a match-high 12 digs.
- Bowdoin returns to action on Saturday at Bates for a 2:00 p.m. match