WALTHAM, Mass. – The Bowdoin College women's volleyball team picked up a pair of 3-0 sweeps on day one of the New England Invitational on Friday evening at Brandeis University.
The Polar Bears improved to 3-0 on the season thanks to victories over Gordon and Brandeis. Action continues tomorrow for Bowdoin on the campus of UMass-Boston.
- The Polar Bears cruised to a 25-19, 25-12, 25-23 victory over Gordon in their opening match of the weekend.
- Sophia Pahl spearheaded the offense with an 11-kill effort that included eight digs and four service aces.
- Kate Kiser pitched in 18 assists, three aces and five kills for Bowdoin while Lisa Sheldon had eight digs.
- It was more of the same in the second match of the evening as the Polar Bears took the sweep over Brandeis by set scores of 25-19, 25-21, 25-11.
- Pahl recorded 11 kills against zero errors with 12 digs to lead Bowdoin.
- Caroline Flaharty pitched in ten kills and eight digs
- Lisa Sheldon had 25 digs while Emily King posted 12.
- Kate Kiser recorded 24 assists in the winning effort.
- Bowdoin concludes play at the New England Invitational on Saturday when they face Maine-Presque Isle (1:00 p.m.) and UMass-Boston (3:00 p.m.). Both matches will be played at UMass-Boston.