WALTHAM, Mass. - The Bowdoin College volleyball team recorded an impressive 3-0 victory over Brandeis on the opening night of the New England Invitational on Friday evening.
The Polar Bears, who earned the sweep with set scores of 25-20, 25-22, 25-17 improve to 2-0 on the year with the win.
- Three Bowdoin players had double-digit kills: Caroline Flaharty and Ashley Williams both had 12, while Michelle Albright added 10 of her own. All three hit .320 or better for the match.
- Kate Kiser was the lone setter for the Polar Bears, pitching in with a match-high 37 assists.
- Lisa Sheldon led her team and the match with 21 digs, while her teammates Caroline Flaharty and Michelle Albright respectively added 11 and 10 digs. Sydney Salle led the match with four blocks.
- The Polar Bears hit a robust .303 for the match (47K-11E-119TA), with Flaharty leading the way at .370 (12K-2E-27TA)
- Action continues at Tufts tomorrow for day two of the New England Invitational as the Polar Bears face a pair of out-of-region opponents, Marymount University (10:00 a.m.) and University of Minnesota-Morris (2:00 p.m.)