BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College women's volleyball team cruised to a 3-0 win over Connecticut College on Senior Night Friday evening in Morrell Gymnasium.
The Polar Bears improve to 13-9 and finish their conference schedule with a 6-4 record. The Camels fall to 11-10 (4-5 NESCAC). Conference play will conclude around the league on Sunday with seeding for the NESCAC Tournament still up in the air.
- Bowdoin claimed the win by set scores of 25-18, 25-15, 25-19
- The Polar Bears jumped to a 17-7 lead in the opening set before the Camels clawed back to within five, 22-17. Bowdoin won three of the final four points, finishing off the set with a Sydney Salle kill.
- The second set saw the teams trade points until a decisive 8-0 run by the Polar Bears turned a 11-10 deficit into a 18-11 advantage. Bowdoin also won six of the final seven points and clinched the set on a service error by Conn. College to take a 2-0 lead overall.
- The third set was easily the most competitive throughout, with the Camels owning a 16-15 lead late. But again, Bowdoin closed strong, rolling off an 8-1 run to take the lead for good and clinch the victory.
- Sydney Salle and Caroline Flaharty ended with ten kills apiece for the Polar Bears while Flaharty added 13 digs as well.
- Quincy Leech had 35 assists and Katie Doherty had 31 digs for Bowdoin. Classmates Erika Sklaver (nine kills) and Clare Geyer (four kills) rounded out a fantastic night for the Bowdoin seniors.
- Conn. College was paced by ten kills from Ella JOhnson, while Katia Elisman dished out 16 assists. Sam Hunter had a team-best 15 digs in the losing effort.
- Bowdoin finishes its regular season at home on Saturday at 1:00 p.m. against Colby-Sawyer.
- The Camels will travel to Tufts for its final match of the regular season on Saturday at 2:00 p.m.
- The field for the NESCAC Tournament will be announced following the conclusion of league play on Saturday evening.