NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Bowdoin College outdoor track & field teams racked up numerous All-New England honors at the NEICAAA Open New England Championship last weekend at Southern Connecticut State.
In a meet that featured numerous DI & DII programs in addition to a full complement of DIII programs, the Polar Bears held their own with a number of top-eight showings to garner All-New England recognition.
Men's Meet Highlights - Results
- Senior captain, Naphtali Moulton placed 3rd in the 10K running a 31:38.56
- The 4x100m relay team of Mason Freeman, Troy Green, Owen Tuck, and Yaw Sekyere placed 7th with a time of 42.54
Women's Meet Highlights – Results
- The 4x400m relay of Emma Beane, Morgen Gallagher, Samantha Schaefer, and Sara Ory placed 3rd with a time of 5:52.77. They are currently ranked 9th on the national qualifier list.
- The 4x100m relay of Morgen Gallagher, Brittney McKinley, Angela Wallace, and Samantha Schaefer placed 5th with a time of 48.05
- Sara Ory placed 5th in the 400 hurdles running a 1:02.45. She is currently ranked 13th on the national list
- The Polar Bears will be sending a small group of athletes to the Last Chance Qualifier at MIT this week. The field for the NCAA Division III Championship is announced this weekend.