BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin College outdoor track & field teams competed in their home-opening Bowdoin Invitational on Saturday at Whittier Field and Farley Field House.
The Polar Bear men took first place overall while the women took a close second to Southern Maine.
Men: 1. Bowdoin (155), 2. Colby (30), 3. Unity (20), 4. Maine Maritime (12), 5. Maine-Augusta (11)
Women: 1. USM (104), 2. Bowdoin (98), 3. Colby (60), 4. Unity (10), 5. Maine-Augusta (3)
Complete Results (unofficial results):
Women's Meet Highlights
- The Bowdoin women dominated middle distances, claiming wins in the 800M from Abigael Osmanski, 1500M from Julia O'Rourke and 5000M from Megan Dustin.
- Bowdoin also got a victory from Sara Ory in the 400M hurdles and swept the relays, claiming the 4x100 (Morgen Gallagher, Brittney McKinley, Angela Wallace, Samantha Schaefer) and 4x400 (Fiona Ralph, Leah Matari, Angela Wunderlich, Claire Traum).
- In the field events, Belinda Saint Louis won both the hammer throw and shot put for Bowdoin. Sophia Slovenski won the pole vault and Serena Jonas claimed the discus.
Men's Meet Highlights
- A number of Bowdoin wins included Owen Tuck (200M), Mateo Rivera (400M) and Jack Richardson (800M) on the track.
- The Polar Bears won both the 4x100 (Mason Freeman, Tuck, Troy Green, Yaw Sekyere) and 4x400 (Lyndbergh Simelus, John Dana, Richardson, Reed Foster) relay events.
- Bowdoin took first in every field event on Saturday, including Ryan Durkin (pole vault), Reed Foster (long jump), Reid Brawer (triple jump), Amir Parker (shot put), Michael Donovan (discus), Ronmel Rugama-Montenegro (hammer throw), and Noah Clack (javelin).
- The Polar Bears will head south to compete at the Silfen Invitational at Connecticut College on Saturday, April 13.