MEDORD, Mass. – The Bowdoin College women's 4x400 meter relay set a new school record at this weekend's Tufts National Qualifying Meet.
The 4x400 squad moved into 12th on the NCAA list while the women's distance medley relay moved into 10th place on the national qualifying list. Selections for the championship will be announced on Sunday evening.
- The 4x400 meter relay squad of Emma Beane, Morgen Gallagher, Samantha Schaefer and Sara Ory took first place in the event at Tufts in a time of 3:54.83, establishing a new flat-track school mark.
- Beane opened with a 58.4, followed by 58.5 from Gallagher, 58.8 from Schaefer and 58.7 from Ory.
- The DMR team of Delaney Bullock, Ory, Claire Traum and Caroline Shipley placed seventh at the meet in a time of 11:54.3.
- Bullock covered 1200M in 3:39 before handing off to Ory's 59-second 400M leg. Traum covered 800M in 2:18 and Caroline Shipley ran the mile in 4:56 for the Polar Bears.
- The lone competitor for the Bowdoin men was Naphtali Moulton, who took sixth in the 5000M in a season-best 15:23.71.
- Selections for the NCAA Championship will be announced on Sunday evening. The Division III championship is set for March 8-9 in Boston, Mass.