BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin College women's indoor track & field team placed fifth of 31 teams at the New England Division III Championship Saturday at Farley Field House.
The Polar Bears totaled 52 points to finish behind Williams (140), MIT (87.5), Tufts (67) and Middlebury (57).
- Morgen Gallagher set a new school record with a 7.90 second-place finish in the 60 meter dash for the Polar Bears and then was part of the Polar Bears' second-place 4x400 meter relay team.
- Emma Beane (59.4), Gallagher (58.9), Samantha Schaefer (58.8) and Sara Ory (58.1) combined to take the silver in 3:55.47 in the relay.
- Belinda Saint Louis also took a runner-up showing in the shot put with a throw of 12.37 meters.
- Julia O'Rourke finished fifth in the 5000 meters in a time of 17:35.46, setting a new flat-track school record in the event.
- Other strong finishes in the field events for Bowdoin included Lydia Pitts in the triple jump (3rd, 11.23 meters) and Sophia Slovenski in the pole vault (4th, 3.56 meters).
- Bowdoin will compete at the Tufts Invitational next Saturday in their final meet prior to the NCAA Championship.