BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin men's and women's track & field teams dominated the Bowdoin Invitational III on Saturday afternoon at Farley Field House.
Both teams came away with wins against a field of in-state opponents. The Polar Bear men totaled 90.5 points to defeat Thomas (64.5), Maine-Farmington (15) and Maine-Fort Kent (7). The women's team carded 98 points to out-pace Thomas (23), Maine-Farmington (10) and Maine-Fort Kent (9).
Men's Meet Highlights
- In the running events, Bowdoin got wins from Owen Tuck (200M), Mateo Rivera (400M), Dylan Welch (600M) and Jack Richardson (800M).
- Alec Ferguson-Hull won the 1000M while Thomas Namara added the 3000M win for Bowdoin. The Polar Bears also claimed the 4x400 relay thanks to Stevie Upton, Simelus Lyndbergh, Rivera and Soren Birkeland.
- In the field events, the Polar Bears got first-place showings from Ryan Durkin (pole vault), Mason Freeman (long jump) and Reid Brawer (triple jump).
Women's Meet Highlights
- The Polar Bears dominated the running events, receiving wins from Samantha Schaefer (60M), Serena Jones (200M), Leah Matari (400M) and Abigael Osmanski (800M). Stefanie Mueller claimed the 60M hurdles.
- Bowdoin got distance wins from Eliza Jevon (mile), Brigid Greed (3000M), and Mandy Graham (5000M). The Polar Bears also won the 4x200 relay.
- In the field events, Sophia Slovenski (pole vault), Morgen Gallagher (long jump), Carolyn Brady (triple jump), and Belinda Saint Louis (weight throw) won their respective events.
- The Polar Bears return to action with their respective Indoor State Championship meets next weekend.
- The women will host their Maine State Meet at Farley Field House at 6:00 p.m. on Friday. Live coverage will be provided by the Northeast Sports Network.
- The men's Maine State Meet will be hosted by Southern Maine on Saturday evening at 6:00 p.m.