BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin College indoor track & field teams got their season underway at the Bowdoin Invitational on Saturday at Farley Field House.
The Bowdoin women totaled 176 points to easily out-pace second-place WPI (146) in a nine-team field while the Polar Bear men placed second with 148 points, trailing only WPI (216) in the men's nin-team meet.
Women's Meet Highlights
- First year Serena Jonas won the Pentathlon, scoring 3001 points meeting the qualifying standard for the New England Division III championship along with Stephanie Mueller (2731).
- First year Lydia Pitts won the women's triple jump (36' 9") while Sara Ory claimed the 600M (1:41.53).
- Bowdoin also got wins in the 800M from Eliza Jevon (2:27.45), Claire Traum in the 1000M (3:03.74) Caroline Shipley in the 3000M (10:25.67) and Anne McKee in the 5000M (19:23.21).
- Belinda Saint Louis claimed the shot put with a toss of 37' 6"
Men's Meet Highlights
- Reid Brawer won the long jump (21'8") and the triple jump (43'2.5") for the Polar Bears.
- First-year Mason Freeman took the high jump (6'2.75") and Michael Donovan placed first in the shot put (45'1.75")
- Stevie Upton won the 400M for Bowdoin in 52.9 seconds while Dylan Welch won the 1000M in 2:35.40.
- Bowdoin will return to action on Saturday, January 19 with the Bowdoin Invitational II. The meet will be carried live on the Northeast Sports Network.