HARTFORD, Conn. - The Bowdoin College women's outdoor track & field team placed sixth at the 2018 NESCAC Championship hosted by Trinity College on Saturday.
The Polar Bears finished with 62 points to finish just behind Conn. College (63) and ahead of Trinity (61) in a close race to break into the top-five.
- Sarah Kelley and Sara Ory both picked up NESCAC titles for the Polar Bears at the conference championship in school and conference-record times.
- Kelley claimed the 1500M race in 4:28.76 to win the league title by nearly four seconds.
- Ory won the 400M hurdles in a time of 1:01.36, winning a race to the line by .3 seconds to take first place.
- Other top-three (All-NESCAC) performances included Caroline Shipley (3rd, 1500M) and the 4x800M relay team of Abigael Osmanski, Shipley, Claire Traum and Kelley (3rd).
- The Polar Bears head to the New England Division III Championship next Saturday, May 5 at MIT