NORTHAMPTON, Mass. - The Bowdoin College outdoor track & field teams made their season debuts at the Smith Pioneer Invitational on Saturday. The Polar Bears won 15 individual events and all four relays in the competition which included numerous Division III schools from New England.
Women's Results: http://athletics.bowdoin.edu/sports/wtrack/2017-18/files/PioneerOutdoorwomen.htm
Men's Results: http://athletics.bowdoin.edu/sports/mtrack/2017-18/files/PioneerOutdoor_Men.htm
Women's Meet Highlights
- Anne McKee picked up a win in the 5000M (19:19.03) by over ten seconds for the Polar Bears while Sara Ory earned a win in the 400M hurdles (1:051.91).
- Bowdoin swept the relays, winning both the 4x100 (50.18) and 4x400 relay (4:16.18). Morgen Gallagher, Devin McKinney, Angela Wunderlich and Samantha Schaefer took the win in the 4x100. Leah Matari, Wunderlich, Traum and Ory took first in the 4x400.
- In the field events, first-year Belinda Saint Louis took first in the discus (33.19m) while sophomore Leah Matari won the javelin (35.45m).
Men's Meet Highlights
- Joseph Staudt claimed the 100M hurdles (15.79) by nearly 1.5 seconds and also won the high jump at 1.93m.
- Vincent LaRovere won both the discus (41.93m) and shot put (13.48) for Bowdoin.
- In the sprints, Yaw Sekyere won the 200M dash (22.67) for Bowdoin while Dylan Welch took first in the 1500M (4:18.26), Andrew McGowan won the 5000M (15:56.30).
- Ben Torda won the 3000M steeplechase (10:03.86) by over 30 seconds for Bowdoin.
- Other field event winners included William Watson (3.80m) in the pole vault, Huma Dadachanji in the triple jump (12.81m) and John Pietro in the hammer throw (53.58m).
- Bowdoin also boasted wins in both the 4x100 (44.64) and 4x400 (3:45.19) relay events. John Dana, Owen Tuck, Latif Armiyaw and Sekyere raced in the 4x100 while Dana, Luca Ostertag-Hill, Dadachanji and Steven Upton competed in the 4x400.
- Bowdoin heads to Vermont next Saturday to compete in the Middlebury Invitational on April 14.