GORHAM, Maine - Backed by numerous top finishes, the Bowdoin College indoor track & field teams enjoyed a successful weekend at the Maine Open hosted by the University of Southern Maine.
- In a non-scoring meet that included several of the top teams in New England, Bowdoin claimed two individual wins and two relay victories.
- The top performance of the weekend for the Polar Bears belonged to the men's distance medley relay team of Ben Torda, John Kennealy, Conor Donahue and Sean MacDonald who established a new USM Field House record with a winning time of 10:04.09.
- John Pietro won the men's shot put with a distance of 15.22m to take first place while Dylan Welch won the 600M in a time of 1:23.9.
- The women's 4x400 relay team of Eleanor Brakewood, Sadie Saxton, Julia Zitzmann and Angela Wunderlich also earned a win, taking first by over 13 seconds in 4:23.39.
- Wunderlich (200M) and Saxton (1000M) also took third-place showings in their respective events for the Polar Bear women while Liam Nicoll (800M) and Vincent Dong (one mile) also took third-place finishes for the Bowdoin men.
- The Polar Bears are entering the homestretch of the season and will compete in their final regular-season meet prior to NCAA's next Saturday, March 3 at the Tufts University Invitational.