LEWISTON, Maine - The Bowdoin College women's track and field team placed second at the Maine State Indoor Track & Field Championship Saturday night at Bates.
Bates took the state crown with a total of 255 team points with the Polar Bears behind at 180. Southern Maine (128.5), Colby (102), Husson (47.5) and St. Joseph's (12) rounded out the meet.
- Bowdoin enjoyed a phenomenal night on the track, picking up numerous victories and winning at every distance between 200 meters and the mile.
- Sarah Kelley won both the 800M (2:22.57) and mile (4:59.86) for Bowdoin.
- Samantha Schaefer won the state title in the 200M (26.56) while Sara Ory took the 400M race (1:00.04)
- Claire Traum won the 600M (1:37.71), Caroline Shipley won the 1000M (3:01.21) and Julia O'Rourke claimed the 5000M (18:23.67).
- The Polar Bears also claimed the 4x800 relay in 9:50.90 thanks to O'Rourke, Abigael Osmanski, Eliza Jevon and Traum.
- The women's team will return to action next weekend at the Hemery Invitational at Boston University.
- The men's team will compete in the State Meet on Saturday at Bates beginning at 6:00 p.m.