BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College track and field teams ran away from the competition at the Bowdoin Invitational III Saturday at Farley Field House.
The Polar Bears earned multiple winners in their final home meet of the campaign as both squads placed first in the six-school fields.
Men: 1. Bowdoin (260.33), 2. Husson (71.33), 3. Colby-Sawyer (69.33), 4. UMF (54), 5. Thomas (43), 6. St. Joseph's (31)
Women: 1. Bowdoin (222), 2. Husson (125), 3. Colby-Sawyer (89), 4. St. Joseph's (46), 5. UMF (40), 6. Thomas (16)
Women's Meet Highlights
- First-year Belinda Saint Louis was a multiple winner, setting a PR in winning the weight throw (12.89m) while also placing first in the shot put (11.53m)
- Erin Hollenbaugh took first-place showings in the 1000M (3:15.01) and mile run (5:22.55) for the Polar Bears.
- In the sprints, Bowdoin got wins from Samantha Schaefer (200M) and Leah Matari (400M) while Julia O'Rouke claimed the 3000M and Sarah Kinney won the 5000M.
- Bowdoin placed first in the 4x400 relay (Angela Wunderlich, Matari, Hollenbaugh, Eleanor Brakewood) and the 4x800 relay (Kinney, Leah Kratochvil, Julia Zitzmann, Abigael Osmanski).
- Morgen Gallagher took first in the high jump for Bowdoin.
Men's Meet Highlights
- Bowdoin went 1-2-3-4 in the mile run as Sean MacDonald led the way in first place in 4:15.60.
- The Polar Bears also went 1-2 in the long jump, won by Reid Brawer (6.85m) and the triple jump, won by Huma Dadachanji (13.08m).
- John Kenneally took first in the 600M while Alec Ferguson-Hull took the 1000M and Thomas Namara in the 3000M.
- Michael Chen placed first in the 60M hurdles in 8.69 seconds.
- Bowdoin won both the 4x400 relay (Devon Campbell, Lyndberg Simelus, Stevie Upton, Alan Banks) and the 4x800 relay (Dylan Welch, Isaac Schuchat, Vincent Dong, Jack Richardson).
- John Pietro claimed the weight throw in a toss of 16.10m
- The women's team heads to Bates for the Maine State Indoor Championship next Friday at 6:00 p.m.
- The men's team will compete in the State Meet next Saturday at Bates at 6:00 p.m.