BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College men's indoor track & field team placed first while the women took third place at Bowdoin Invitational III on Saturday at Farley Field House.
Women's Scores: 1. Coast Guard (165), 2. Colby (155), 3. Bowdoin (143), 4. Husson (72.5), 5. UM-Farmington (10.5), 6. St. Joseph's (8)
Men's Scores: 1. Bowdoin (228), 2. Coast Guard (192), 3. Colby (71), 4. Thomas (23), 5. UM-Farmington (21), 6. St. Joseph's (7)
Men's Meet Highlights
- Bowdoin boasted a pair of double-event winners in their first place overall finish.
- Joe Staudt won the hurdles (8.38) and the high jump (1.98m) while John Pietro claimed the shot put (14.09m) and weight throw (15.12m).
- Other winners included Yaw Sekyere in the 60 meter dash (7.13), Garrett Thomas in the 400m (50.56), John Kennealy in the 800m (1:58.86), Bennett Sneath in the 1000m (2:32.08), Alec Ferguson-Hull in the mile (4:30.42) and Ben Torda in the 3000m (8:48.87)
- In the field events Benjamin Ray won the pole vault (3.80m) and Brian Greenberg claimed the triple jump (14.32m).
Women's Meet Highlights
- Meghan Bellerose won the 600m (1:38.41) by nearly seven seconds while Annie McKee won the mile (5:29.60), Sarah Kinney took the 3000m (10:37.59) and Caroline Corban placed first in the 5000m (18:55.62)
- The women's distance relay team of Corban, Sara Ory, Bellerose and Demi Feder took first in 12:51.78
- Morgen Gallagher won the long jump for the Polar Bears, clearing a distance of 5.16m
- Bowdoin will compete at the Maine State meets next weekend with the women competing at Southern Maine on Friday night (6:00 p.m.) with the men hosting at Farley Field House on Saturday evening (6:00 p.m.)