BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin College women's tennis team quickly finished off Nichols College in the Second Round of the NCAA Division III Tournament on Saturday morning at Pickard Courts.
The Polar Bears (15-5) advance to Sunday's regional final at noon, where they will face either MIT or New Paltz for a trip to the national quarterfinals.
- Julia Marks and Devon Wolfe earned a tidy 8-1 win at number one doubles and were followed shortly by Fleming Landau and Sarah Shadowens' 8-1 victory at number three.
- Tasha Christ and Izzy Essi completed the doubles sweep with an 8-3 victory at number two, giving Bowdoin a commanding 3-0 advantage heading to singles.
- Bowdoin lost just two games in six singles matches as a retirement at number six gave Landau a 6-0, 1-0 (ret.) win.
- Julia Marks polished off a 6-0, 6-0 shutout at number one singles to clinch the match for the Polar Bears.
- Bowdoin was up a set at every court when the match went final
- Bowdoin will look to return to the NCAA Quarterfinals for the first time since 2017 when they face either MIT or New Paltz on Sunday in the regional final. Live coverage will be available at GoUBears.com