BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin women's tennis team handed MIT just their third loss of the season in an 8-1 final on Friday afternoon in Brunswick.
The sixth-ranked Polar Bears improve to 11-3. The 16th ranked Engineers are also 11-3.
- Bowdoin swept doubles for the 3-0 lead. Fleming Landau/Sarah Shadowens cruised at #3 (8-1) and Tasha Christ/Izzy Essi picked up another point at #2 (8-2).
- Julia Marks and Devon Wolfe held off a late surge to clinch the final point at #1, winning 8-7.
- Sasa Jovanovic stepped in for singles play and picked up a win at #5 (6-0, 6-2).
- Landau cruised at #6, winning 6-0, 6-1.
- Marks (6-1, 6-3) and Wolfe (6-3, 6-2) won at #1 and #3 respectively.
- Christ picked up the team's final point at #2, going 7-6, 6-4.
- The Polar Bears host Middlebury on Saturday morning indoors at Maine Pines with a 10:30 a.m. start.