FLINTRIDGE, Calif. – The Bowdoin women's tennis team picked up two commanding victories on Thursday, defeating Principia 9-0 and Caltech 8-1.
The Polar Bears have picked up three wins to begin their spring schedule thus far. Principia is 1-7, while Caltech is 4-5.
Principia Match Highlights
- Bowdoin cruised through doubles, never dropping a game in any pairing. Devon Wolfe and Izzy Essi played at number one, while Julia Marks and Tasha Christ were perfect at two. Fleming Landau and Sasa Jovanovic also posted an 8-0 at three.
- Christ, Essi, Jovanovic, Landau, and Sarah Shadowens all went perfect 6-0, 6-0 in singles from two through six respectively.
- Marks earned a point in the top spot, going 6-4, 6-1.
Caltech Match Highlights
- The Polar Bears doubles pairings posted another dominant performance against the Beavers. Wolfe and Marks teamed up for an 8-2 win at number one.
- The duo of Christ and Essi won at number two (8-3) and the pairing of Jovanovic and Landau were perfect at three (8-0).
- Marks battled for a three set victory in the top spot (6-2, 1-6, 7-5) and Wolfe went 6-3, 6-4 at three.
- Landau cruised (6-0, 6-0) at number six, with Jovanovic going 7-6, 6-2 in the five spot.
- Essi battled back for a 2-6, 7-5 (10-6) finish.
- The Polar Bears play Sewanee at Pepperdine on Saturday morning.