BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin women's tennis team suffered a pair of losses against MIT and Middlebury on Friday and Saturday.
The 14th-ranked Polar Bears fall to 7-9 on the season. MIT is ranked 13th in the country and Middlebury sits at fourth.
MIT Match Highlights
- Viv Daniel and Rachel Bercovitch picked up an 8-3 win at two doubles.
- Daniel turned around and fought back for a three-set win at five (2-6, 6-1, 6-3).
- Sasa Jovanovic earned Bowdoin's third point of the day at number six, winning in straight sets (6-3, 6-1).
- Jovanovic continued her successful year at six, picking up another straight set victory in a 6-1, 6-1 final.
- Izzy Essi forced a tiebreaker after going down 6-3 in the first set and winning the second 7-6 (7-4). Essi fell 10-6 in the tiebreaker.
- Bowdoin plays at Colby on Wednesday, beginning at 4:00 p.m.