BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin women's tennis team put together a pair of 9-0 conference wins against Colby and Bates on Sunday afternoon.
The fourth-ranked Polar Bears are 9-1 on the season and a perfect 3-0 in NESCAC play. The Mules (6-3, 0-2 NESCAC) suffered their third consecutive loss. Bates (3-9, 1-2 NESCAC) is still in search of its first win since a victory over Hamilton back on March 12.
Colby Match Highlights
- Tasha Christ and Sasa Jovanovic battled back from a 7-4 deficit at #3 doubles to capture a 9-7 victory. Joulia Likhanskaia and Samantha Stalder earned a point at the top spot (8-1). Pilar Giffenig and Tess Trinka did not drop a game in a perfect 8-0 showing at #2.
- Bowdoin swept singles play with perfect 6-0, 6-0 victories from Likhanskaia at #1, Stalder at #3, and Jovanovic at #6.
- Trinka earned the win at #2 (6-1, 6-3) and Christ tallied a point in straight sets at #4 (6-3, 6-0). Giffenig battled for a straight set victory in the five spot, going 7-5, 7-5.
Bates Match Highlights
- Christ and Jovanovic did not surrender a game at #3 doubles, winning 8-0. Giffenig and Trinka combined for an 8-1 finish playing #2. At the top spot, Likhanskaia and Stalder finished off the Bobcats in an 8-4 final.
- Trinka did not drop a game (6-0, 6-0) at #3 singles. Likhanskaia (6-0, 6-1), Christ (6-1, 6-0), and Giffenig (6-1, 6-0) quickly followed with wins at one, four, and five respectively.
- Stalder earned the point at #2 with a 6-2, 6-3 finish and Jovanovic went 6-1, 6-2 in the six spot.
- Bowdoin plays at Amherst next Saturday with a 1:00 p.m. start.