HARTFORD, Conn. – The Bowdoin College women's squash team won three matches and finished in second place at the E-Division of the College Squash National Tournament last weekend.
The Polar Bears defeated Denison (9-0), Wellesley (9-0) and Washington University (6-3) to advance to the finals of the Division before falling to Vassar, 7-2, to conclude their season.
- Bowdoin cruised to wins over Denison and Wellesley without losing a match.
- The Polar Bears picked up 3-0 sweeps at eight positions against Denison and earned 3-0 wins in eight of the nine spots against Wellesley.
- Bowdoin earned wins at the top five spots against Wash U, getting 3-0 wins from Natasha Belsky and Lucy Noel along with important 3-1 wins from Clio Bersani, Melissa Horan and Hannah Reiff. Catherine Adams pitched in a 3-2 win at the number nine spot.
- The Polar Bears couldn't knock off Vassar in their final match of the season, however, as Clio Bersani (3-0) and Hannah Reiff (3-0) earned the points for Bowdoin in the setback.
- Bersani and Reiff both finished the weekend with perfect 4-0 marks.
- Bowdoin finishes their season with a record of 3-15. The Polar Bears will await to hear selections for the men's and women's individual national championships, scheduled for March 1-3 in Providence, R.I.