Posted: Oct 19, 2019
BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin women's soccer team exploded for five goals in the second half to pick up a 6-0 Saturday win over Maine Maritime.
The Polar Bears climb to 6-6-1, while the Mariners drop to 9-3-0.
- Bowdoin controlled play in the first half, holding a 13-1 shot advantage. Morgen Gallagher finally broke though for the Polar Bears in the 28th minute with an unassisted tally.
- Talia Missan got the scoring started for Bowdoin in the second half with a goal ten minutes into the frame.
- Annie Pyne had a pair of back-to-back goals in the 65th and 77th minutes.
- Missan added her second of the game just two minutes later.
- Ali Dougal wrapped up the scoring with under eight minutes remaining off a feed from Isa Quintana.
By the Numbers
- Bowdoin held a 25-2 edge in shots and 6-0 corner kick advantage.
- Penny Rocchio made two saves for the shutout.
- Emily Conway made 11 saves for the Mariners.
- Bowdoin plays at Bates on Sunday, October 20, at 2:00 p.m.
- Maine Maritime hosts USM on Tuesday.