NEW LONDON, Conn. – The Bowdoin women's soccer team scored the game's first goal but the Connecticut College Camels came back to win 2-1 on Saturday.
The Polar Bears are 4-6-1 (1-5-1 NESCAC) on the season. The Camels climb to 9-2-0 (4-2-0 NESCAC).
- Bowdoin scored quickly, converting just 2:19 into the game. Beginning with a goal kick, the Polar Bears worked the ball down the field. Morgen Gallagher soon fed Jamie Lau for the 1-0 lead.
- Connecticut College answered just over a minute later to tie the game.
- The hosts took the lead ten minutes into the second half off an unassisted mark from Mya Johnson.
- Bowdoin was unable to muster a shot in the second half.
By the Numbers
- The Camels held a 10-6 shot advantage.
- Bowdoin took nine corner kicks in the game, while allowing Connecticut just two.
- Penny Rocchio made three saves.
- Katy Pelletier made two stops.
- The Polar Bears host Maine Maritime on Saturday at 12:30 p.m.