BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College women's soccer team got a pair of goals from Rachael Peacock to take a 2-0 road win at the University of New England on Wednesday night.
The Polar Bears win their second straight game and improve to 2-4-1 while UNE falls to 3-2-2 on the year.
- Peacock put the Polar Bears in front in the 27th minute. After receiving the ball near the top of the box, she made a move on the UNE defender and booted it to the top-right corner for the score.
- Annie Pyne fed Peacock the ball just inside the circle to setup the second goal. The first-year then launched it to the top-left corner to put Bowdoin in front 2-0 in the 57th minute.
By The Numbers
- Penny Rocchio made the Bowdoin lead hold up with two saves to earn her first shutout of the year.
- Bowdoin out shot UNE 11-5 overall and 7-2 on-goal. The Polar Bears also had a slim 4-3 edge in corner kicks.
- The Polar Bears will head to Connecticut on Saturday to battle Trinity at 3:00 p.m.