FARMINGTON, Maine – The Bowdoin women's soccer team collected its first win of the season with a 6-0 triumph over the University of Maine-Farmington on Sunday afternoon.
The Polar Bears (1-4-1) scored three goals in each half to keep the Beavers (0-7-1) winless on the season.
- Olivia Pena put Bowdoin on the board just 4:10 into play with an unassisted tally.
- Talia Missan tallied her first of two goals off a helper from Beth Brown in the 31st minute.
- Annie Pyne rounded out the first half scoring with under three minutes remaining. Teresa Andres recorded the assist.
- Missan scored her second of the day just 28 seconds into the second half off a feed from Jade Cromwell.
- Ella Dudley and Andres added two more goals in the final 30 minutes of action.
By the Numbers
- Bowdoin held a 29-2 shot advantage and 11-1 edge in corner kicks.
- Callie Hammer made six saves in the first half for UMF before Chelsea Davis made five in the second.
- Penny Rocchio started in net and made one save.
- Isabel Ball played close to 27 minutes in net but didn't see the ball.
- Alex Arndt made her collegiate debut and recorded one save.
- Bowdoin plays at UNE on September 25 with a 7:00 p.m. start.