BABSON PARK, Mass. – The Bowdoin women's soccer team suffered a 1-0 setback despite a pair of penalty kick opportunities on Wednesday afternoon at Babson.
The Polar Bears fall to 0-3-1, while the Beavers improve to 3-2-0.
- Morgan Fedosiewich made a sprawling save to push Shannon Gallagher's penalty kick over the crossbar in the 25th minute to keep the game scoreless.
- Morgen Gallagher missed wide with a bid in the 51st minute from the corner of the box.
- Fifteen minutes into the second half, Babson broke through. Kate Ryan scored off a rebound at the back post for a shot off the crossbar to go ahead 1-0.
- The senior Gallagher missed a header wide of the near post minutes later and again couldn't find the net on Bowdoin's second penalty kick.
By the Numbers
- Bowdoin held a 14-10 shot advantage.
- Both teams took four corner kicks.
- Penny Rocchio made five stops for Bowdoin.
- Fedosiewich made eight saves for Babson.
- Bowdoin returns to conference action with a 12:00 p.m. start at home against Wesleyan.