MIDDLEBURY, Vt. – The Bowdoin women's soccer team saw the 2018 season draw to a close in a 1-0 NESCAC Quarterfinal setback to second-seeded Middlebury on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears end the year at 7-7-2, making the conference playoffs as the seven seed. Middlebury (14-1-1) earned the number two seed for NESCAC playoffs and advances to next weekend's semifinals.
- Eliza Robinson scored the game's lone goal in the first half on a corner kick. Robinson hooked a kick off Penny Rocchio that went into the net for the 1-0 advantage.
- The Polar Bears pressed in the second half, with Julia Patterson directing a header on net that forced Middlebury keeper Eva Shaw to turn away.
- Sophia Lemmer lofted a shot over the crossbar early in the second.
- Following a weather delay, Julia Adlemann put a corner kick into the box for Morgen Gallagher to head on net.
By the Numbers
- Middlebury's Shaw made ten saves for the shutout.
- Rocchio made four stops for the Polar Bears.
- Bowdoin held a 19-10 edge in shots and 7-2 corner kick advantage.