BRUNSWICK, Maine – Julia Patterson scored a pair of goals on Senior Day to hand the Bowdoin women's soccer team a 2-0 win over visiting Connecticut College.
The Polar Bears collect their second conference victory to climb to 6-6-2 (2-6-1 NESCAC). The Camels boast a similar record at 7-6-1 and 2-6-1 in NESCAC.
- Tess Huckaby took a corner kick for Bowdoin and found Patterson on the far post. Patterson headed the ball inside the near post for a 1-0 lead in the 24th minute.
- Alex Baltazar nearly evened the game early in the second half, forcing Bowdoin's Penny Rocchio to make a last ditch save at the line.
- Patterson capitalized on a miscue by Connecticut College goalie Katy Pelletier and buried her shot in the center of the net in the 57th minute.
- Pelletier denied a promising Bowdoin bid with under 18 minutes to play, blocking a hard shot from Julia Adelmann.
By the Numbers
- Bowdoin held a 12-9 shot advantage.
- Both teams earned seven corner kicks.
- Sarah Williams and Pelletier split time in net for the Camels, making two and one save respectively.
- Penny Rocchio made eight saves for the shutout.
- Bowdoin hosts Tufts to conclude the regular season on Tuesday afternoon 3:00 p.m.
- The Camels play at Wesleyan on Tuesday at 3:30 p.m.