CLINTON, N.Y. – The Bowdoin women's soccer team surrendered two first half goals to host Hamilton in a 2-0 setback on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears drop to 5-5-2 (1-5-1 NESCAC) as the Continentals climb to 6-3-3 (4-3-2 NESCAC).
- Hamilton got on the board just 1:44 into the game. Alex Fontana received a cross from the left side at the top of the box. Fontana split a pair of defenders with a pass to Cat Gambino who fired a shot inside the right post.
- Fontana recorded her second assist of the day in the 36th minute as she took a shot from the right side, requiring a kick save from Penny Rocchio. Kayleigh Harris one-timed the rebound from the far side. The ball tipped off Rocchio's gloves, hit the crossbar, and deflected into the net.
By the Numbers
- Rachel Pike played the first half and recorded four saves in net for Hamilton.
- Caity Smith made five stops in the second.
- Rocchio made nine stops in her first collegiate start.
- Hamilton held a slight 19-14 edge in shots and 9-5 corner kick advantage.
- The Polar Bears play at Williams tomorrow afternoon with a 12:00 p.m. start.