CASTINE, Maine – The Bowdoin women's soccer team won a cold and rain soaked 5-0 match against Maine Maritime on Tuesday evening.
The Polar Bears climb to 5-3-1 with another non-conference victory. The Mariners drop to 7-2-0.
- Julia Patterson recorded the game's first goal, putting a header in the net off a corner kick from Tessa Huckaby.
- With under four minutes remaining in the half, Sydney Reaper controlled the ball along the left sideline and centered a pass to Julia Adelmann in the box. Adelmann settled the ball and took a quick shot to the right post.
- The Polar Bears scored 1:55 into the second frame. Lizzie Sands sent a long feed to Morgen Gallagher who sped down the left side. Gallagher drew Emily Conway to the edge of the goalie box and slotted a shot to the far post.
- In the 55th minute, a long ball was played down the right side, with Alia Haskins streaking down the sideline for a breakaway. Haskins closed in on the net and passed to Adelmann on the far post for an open goal.
- Penny Rocchio capped the game's scoring. Rocchio carried into space on the right side and crossed a shot off the hands of a diving Conway.
By the Numbers
- Bowdoin's Sabrina Albanese earned the win with a pair of stops in net.
- Conway made eight saves in the loss for the Mariners.
- The Polar Bears held a 17-3 shot advantage.
- Bowdoin earned 11 corner kicks while surrendering none.
- Bowdoin hosts Trinity on Saturday at noon.