BANGOR, Maine – The Bowdoin women's soccer team remained unbeaten in non-conference action following a 3-0 victory over Husson on Sunday afternoon.
The Polar Bears are 4-3-1 after their conference bye-weekend. The Eagles fall to 2-8-0 on the year.
- Despite controlling play in the opening half, it took until the 42nd minute for the Polar Bears to break through. Kate Rusk-Kosa successfully converted on a penalty kick to give Bowdoin a 1-0 lead.
- In the final minute of the half, Claire Burns converted after the Polar Bears set up its fourth corner kick of the half.
- Beth Brown added a third and final goal in the 60th minute of the game. Brown finished off a feed from Talia Missan to record her first collegiate goal.
By the Numbers
- Sabrina Albanese, Isabel Ball, and Penny Rocchio combined for a clean slate on the Bowdoin end. The Eagles were unable to put a ball on net in 90 minutes of action.
- Sami Ireland made 11 stops for Husson.
- Bowdoin held a 24-1 shot advantage and 9-0 corner kick edge.
- The Polar Bears hold a 7-0-0 all-time series lead over the Eagles. Bowdoin now has five shutout wins over Husson.
- Bowdoin plays at Maine Maritime on October 2 at 7:00 p.m.