BRUNSWICK, Maine - Bowdoin's Morgen Gallagher scored a pair of goals to lead the Bowdoin College women's soccer team to a 3-0 victory over the University of New England on Wednesday afternoon at Pickard Field.
The Polar Bears improve to 3-3-1 with the win while the Nor'easters fall to 3-4-1 this season.
- Bowdoin wasted little time jumping on top as Julia Patterson fed the ball ahead to Gallagher, who beat her defender and buried a shot to the the lower right corner just 7:09 into the match.
- The Polar Bears doubled their lead before the break as a scrum in the box saw the ball come to the feet of Alia Haskins, who touched it to Lynn Farquhar. Farquhar slipped a shot inside the right post at 31:23 to give Bowdoin a 2-0 advantage at intermission.
- Gallagher sealed the deal in the 55th minute, taking a feed on the wing from Patterson and blasting a left-footed shot under the crossbar.
By The Numbers
- Bowdoin owned a 12-3 advantage in shots and 13-4 lead in corner kicks for the match.
- It was the second multi-goal game of Morgen Gallagher's career as she netted a pair of goals on October 5, 2016 against Maine-Farmington.
- With two assists, senior Julia Patterson reached the 40-point plateau for her career.
- Emily Ashman was strong in net for UNE, stopping seven shots.
- Bowdoin had three goaltenders split time in the shutout: Sabrina Albanese played the first half (zero saves) before giving way to Penny Rocchio (24:11, one save) and Isabel Ball (20:49, zero saves) in the second half.
- Bowdoin returns to action on Sunday as they head to Bangor to play Husson at 1:00 p.m.
- UNE returns to CCC action this weekend as they head to Curry on Saturday for a 5:30 p.m. kickoff.