BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin women's soccer team returned to the win column with a commanding 7-0 Sunday win over visiting UMaine-Farmington.
The Polar Bears climb to 2-2-1, while keeping the Beavers scoreless at 0-7-0.
- Bowdoin controlled play from the opening minutes, but was continuously denied until 22 minutes into the game.
- Jillian Shangold blocked a wide open shot at the goal face to keep the Polar Bears off the board in the 25th minute, but the Bowdoin offense finally broke through two minutes later.
- Julia Adelmann notched her first of two assists as she fed Alia Haskins through the middle, with Haskins finishing the ball off to the bottom right corner.
- Three minutes later, Adelmann crossed the ball from the right post towards Kate Morrison for a quick touch at the far side. Morrison put the ball away near post.
- Adelmann recorded a goal of her own with ten minutes remaining in the first half, this time finishing off a feed from Claire Burns.
- Bowdoin went up 4-0 in the 39th minute. Aine Lawlor fed Ali Dougal down the right side, who carried around a defender and crossed to Sydney Reaper in the center of the box for a strong kick to the back of the net.
- With just three minutes remaining in the half Emma Beane added to the Polar Bears total. Beane finished off a rebound from the hands of a laid-out Mikayla Cameron.
- The Polar Bears capped the half with a goal in final 35 seconds from Lawlor off a feed from Lizzie Sands.
- Morgen Gallagher booted a shot to the top left corner to record Bowdoin's lone goal of the second half, scoring nine minutes in.
By the Numbers
- Bowdoin held a 42-3 edge in shots. The Polar Bears earned 10 corner kicks in the game, while surrendering zero.
- Cameron made 14 saves in the first half. Callie Hammer made four stops I the second half.
- Sabrina Albanese made one stop in the first half. Penny Rocchio and Isabel Ball split the second, with Rocchio making one save.
- Bowdoin plays at Middlebury on Saturday, beginning at 11:00 a.m.
- UMF plays at Husson at 1:00 p.m. the same day.