MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Bowdoin women's soccer team surrendered a goal in each half as the Wesleyan Cardinals pinned a 2-0 setback on the Polar Bears on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears drop to 1-2-1 (1-2-0 NESCAC), while the Cardinals improve to 3-2-0 (1-1-0 NESCAC).
- At the 29:29 mark, Liz Young put the Cardinals up 1-0 with a goal that just slipped past the hands of Bowdoin's Sabrina Albanese.
- With less than eight minutes to go in the game, Lauren Goetzman rifled the ball into the top right corner of the net, making it 2-0.
- Bowdoin looked to mount a comeback with two shots from Aine Lawlor and Sophia Lemmer in the final minutes, but Wesleyan denied the bids.
By the Numbers
- Wesleyan held a slight 15-13 edge in shots and 7-5 corner kick advantage.
- Albanese made seven saves.
- Zoe Cassels-Brown made four stops.
- The Polar Bears hosts UMaine-Farmington on Sunday at 1:30 p.m.