BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College women's rugby team couldn't overcome Colby Sawyer on Saturday, suffering a 38-8 defeat at Pickard Field.
The Polar Bears fall to 1-1 on the season with the loss. Colby Sawyer improves to 3-0 with the victory.
- Bowdoin had numerous chances in the early going, but couldn't take advantage of a number of Colby Sawyer turnovers.
- The Chargers turned the tide, scoring three tries in quick succession to open a 21-0 lead.
- The Polar Bears chipped away at the lead, getting a try from Molly Petronzio off an assist from Berry. A Petronzio penalty kick trimmed the lead to 21-8 at the break.
- The Chargers held Bowdoin scoreless in the second half and rolled off 17 unanswered points to close out the game.
- Ashlynn Autrey, Amber Ramos and Sage Kashner led Bowdoin with 12 tackles apiece.
- Bowdoin plays their first road game of the season next Saturday when they head to New England College at noon.