Apr 06, 2019
BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin women's rugby team opened its spring campaign with a quartet of wins, going 4-1 at the New England Collegiate 7's Tournament on Saturday.
- Bowdoin defeated UNH (34-10), Maine (19-15) and Wesleyan (32-15) in pool play and advanced to the finals with a 17-12 win over Endicott.
- The Polar Bears lost their only match of the weekend in the finals to BU (20-10).
- For the tournament, Molly Petronzio scored seven tries while Brooke Barry had four and Sophie Karris had three.
- Alice Hawkins had a pair of tries while Liz D'Angelo posted six conversion kicks on the day.
- Bowdoin will host St. Michael's on Saturday, April 13.