BRISTOL, R.I. – The Bowdoin College women's rugby team cruised to a season-opening win at Roger Williams on Saturday afternoon, 66-7.
The Polar Bears stand at 1-0 after their debut and will play their home-opener next Saturday at Pickard Field against Colby.
- Bowdoin raced to a 33-0 halftime lead and never looked back in the victory.
- The Polar Bear defense proved well-organzied and the forward supported well in loose play and set pieces as Bowdoin got off to a great start.
- Hard running by centers MacKenzie Philbrick and Allegra Bersani produced five assists while Bowdoin's athleticism out wide resulted in five tries being scored by the back three.
By The Numbers
- Alice Hawkins and Sophia Karris led Bowdoin with two tries each on the afternoon.
- Liz D'Angelo notched a try and had eight conversion kicks in the win.
- Taylor Yoder, Jackie Jacques, Claire Carges, Molly Petronzio and Bersani also scored tries.
- Damani Singh led the defense with ten tackles on the day.
- Bowdoin will host Colby at 11:30 a.m. next Saturday, September 22, in their 2018 home opener at Pickard Field. The game will be carried live on the Northeast Sports Network.