BRUNSWICK, Maine – Eliza Denious tied her career-high single game scoring mark with seven goals as the Bowdoin women's lacrosse team raced past Endicott 18-7 on Wednesday evening.
The Polar Bears improve to 8-5 on the year. Endicott is 10-5 on the season with four of their five losses coming to NESCAC opponents.
- Kara Finnerty quickly put Bowdoin up 1-0, winning the game's first draw control and racing down the field for an unassisted tally. Fiona Bundy and Denious each scored goals in the first minute of game time to give Bowdoin a quick 3-0 lead.
- Elizabeth Growney pushed the Polar Bears lead to four before Endicott found the back of the net at 26:06 off an unassisted mark from Maya Feigenbaum.
- Jennifer Lacroix doubled the Gulls goal tally at 16:58, but the Polar Bears went on a 5-1 run to close out the half.
- Trailing 12-3 coming into the second, Endicott scored nine minutes into play. Denious responded 15 seconds later and Katie Miller seven seconds after that.
- The Gulls had a pair of quick goals to pull within 14-6, but were unable to trim the deficit. Bowdoin ended the game on a 4-1 run.
By the Numbers
- Denious led both teams with seven goals, followed closely by Miller with six and a pair of assists. Growney and Bundy each chipped in two goals. Finnerty and Sophia Lubrano both recorded a pair of helpers.
- Alex Fitzgerald paced the Gulls with two goals.
- Finnerty led the way with 11 draw controls. Lacroix had five for Endicott.
- Bella Rino scooped up three ground balls, as did Denious.
- Rino played the first half in net and made eight saves. Alexandra Rose made one save in the second.
- Erin Morrissey made seven saves in 30 minutes between the pipes. Aaliyah Biondo played the second half and made eight stops.
- Endicott hosts Roger Williams on Saturday at 1:00 p.m.
- Bowdoin plays its final regular season game at home against Williams on Saturday at noon.