BRUNSWICK, Maine – Eleven different players scored to lead the Bowdoin College women's lacrosse team to a 16-2 non-conference win over Plymouth State on Sunday afternoon.
The 14th-ranked Polar Bears have now won four straight games, having outscored their opponents 69-22 during that stretch, and improve to 6-4 on the season. Plymouth falls to 4-4 as their four game winning streak is snapped.
- Bowdoin scored the first 12 goals of the game and pushed the contest into running time late in the opening frame.
- Seven different players scored in the first 17:11 for Bowdoin as the hosts built an early lead.
- The Polar Bears got a pair of goals late in the period from Fiona Bundy to take a 10-0 edge at halftime.
- Elizabeth Growney and Kate Kelly scored early in the second half to extend the lead to 12-0 before Plymouth got on the board courtesy of Kimberly Zuccara with 20:32 remaining.
- Bowdoin rolled off four straight goals in response to extend the lead to 15 before a late Plymouth goal cut the final margin to 14 goals.
By The Numbers
- Katie Miller, Hailey Berglund, Amanda Anderson and Fiona Bundy had two goals apiece for Bowdoin.
- Natalie Rudin had a goal and two assists for the Polar Bears.
- Plymouth State split time in goal with Meaghan Allard (nine saves) and Emilee Wargo (eight saves) each playing a half.
- Bowdoin's Erin Morrissey played a perfect first half, allowing no goals and making four saves in 30 minutes before giving way to Aaliyah Biondo (one save).
- The Polar Bears held a 44-10 edge in shots and forced 24 Plymouth turnovers.
- Bowdoin will host Colby on Wednesday evening in a key NESCAC match-up at Ryan Field. Game time is set for 7:00 p.m.