NORTON, Mass. – The Bowdoin College women's lacrosse team returned to the win column in a dominating 22-3 non-conference win at Wheaton on Sunday afternoon.
The Polar Bears improve to 3-3 this season while the Lyons drop to 3-5.
- The Polar Bears left little doubt, scoring the first seven goals of the game in the opening 6:43 of the contest.
- Eliza Denious scored three times in the run while Katie Miller added three of her own to give Bowdoin the early edge.
- Bowdon upped its lead to 12-1 at intermission and rolled off the first five goals of the second half to extend their lead to 17-1.
- The contest was in running time for the entirety of the second period as Bowdoin outscored the Lyons 10-2 in the second stanza.
By The Numbers
- Eliza Denious scored a career-high five goals to go with three assists and three ground balls in the victory for Bowdoin.
- Katie Miller had four goals for the Polar Bears while Amanda Anderson added three.
- Kara Finnerty had a goal, four assists and eight draw controls for Bowdoin.
- Erin Morrissey played the first half for Bowdoin without being credited for a save while Aaliyah Biondo made two stops in the second half for the Polar Bears.
- Bowdoin held a 20-7 lead in draw controls and 34-9 advantage in shots for the game.
- Bowdoin will return to action on Saturday when they host Trinity at noon at Ryan Field.